Is your hotel’s restaurant bringing in rave reviews? And, most importantly, is it generating enough revenue?
John Young, SSP’s F&B expert, reimagined the restaurant concept for a major branded hotel to maximize the restaurant’s profit potential.
He partnered with the client to fully refurbish the hotel restaurant — from conceptualization all the way to execution.
The result? Great reviews in the first week with a considerable increase in sales.
Read more about our solution-driven process below and get in touch for tailored support from our consulting experts!
Situation: Stagnant F&B Sales Growth
A major branded hotel with a single three-meal restaurant was unable to increase F&B sales despite being located in the city center.
Strategy: Leveraging Location to Attract More Diners
“There are clear steps that need to be taken to refurb or open a restaurant, knowing your market is #1 in the key to the success.” — John Young
John’s multi-disciplinary approach enabled him to develop a comprehensive solution that included:
- Choosing the restaurant concept based on market research
- Analyzing the needs and wants of existing clientele to ensure consistent service
- Designing the layout of the restaurant and bar to maximize seating and turnover rate
- Obtaining permits and planning permissions
- Sourcing equipment needed while incorporating style and quantity
- Creating a menu and securing supply contracts with big box and local companies
- Hiring staff and training them to execute service and culinary standards
- Installing and programming of POS
- Developing marketing strategies to attract local visitors such as a loyalty program
- Executing a soft and hard opening
Results: Nearly Double in Size AND Profits
The outcome of the full refurb was a hotel restaurant double its previous size and far more accessible to locals thanks to the new external entry from the ballpark street.
A month after the opening of the newly refurbished restaurant, the numbers showed a 62% increase in bar sales and a 43% increase in food sales.
“I had the pleasure of working with John on a new restaurant concept opening. John is the consummate professional who is focused on the top priorities of his discipline, guest satisfaction, associate satisfaction, driving top line revenues, maximizing profitability and providing superior product quality. He is skilled in not only the ins and outs of foods and beverages but also the front of the house service sequence. He is organized and a team player who has a positive approach to managing and is full of energy. I would not hesitate to recommend John to any quality hospitality organization.” — LM
Get in touch to find out how our project-based consulting services can boost the growth of your hotel.